Solution Technical Reviews BeginPosted on Aug 22, 2020 in
Submission Requirements – all applications must be:
- submitted through the DevPost Team Submission
- have commitments to Team’s GitHub Repository
- deployed and a link or instructions on how to run the application included on DevPost Team Submission
If using a project name that differs from your HACC registered team name, you MUST include your team name in your submission instructions to help evaluators find your project.
No code freeze shall be in effect. Technical review shall commence at the above date and time and it is recommended you have functioning code to be evaluated at this time. If you experience technical difficulties; need to do bug fixes or make substantial improvements to your solution, you may request a second review. All submission are assured at least one review. Second reviews will be at the discretion of the technical evaluation committee and only if time allows. Therefore, be sure to have a functioning version in by the due date to avoid not being selected due to incomplete or non-working code. Teams may continue improving their solutions and work towards improved demos/ prototype for the judging day presentation.
- If requesting the technical assessment team run your project locally, you must provide clear and concise instructions and they must work. The technical assessment team will NOT set up databases, register for services, troubleshoot startup errors, or anything else that would take specialized knowledge of the workings of the
- Functional Evaluation Videos are required to demonstrate the functional capabilities of the system but shall not replace code being committed to a repository for the technical aspects of this review. If you have a mobile application, you must request time to do a live demo with the technical assessment Videos should be provided to evaluators on DevPost
- If you have a Salesforce, Google, Snowflake, ESRI or any other platform based application, you MUST provide the technical assessment team with access to the application and a written summary of what modules or services were used. Additionally, include a general timeline and scope of work completed if you don’t have custom code on GitHub to
- If the project requires authentication, then access needs to be granted for the judges to
- Judges may reach out to you to gain clarification on any questionable issues. Please be prepared to respond to Slack messages in a timely manner.