Educator Training Camp Recordings and Slides
Learn how to use the Hawai’i Annual Code Challenge (HACC) as a real-world learning opportunity for your students, while fostering civic engagement.
This 4 session workshop walks you through steps your team would take during the competition – unpack the challenge, identify a possible technology stack, create a demonstration video and pitch presentation.
Objectives: To ease fears and lower barriers of using the HACC as a learning tool in the classroom while creating innovative proof-of-concepts in preparation for the HACC competition.
HACC Tool Resources
SLACK – is a collaboration platform that replaces email and works as a great way for a team members to communicate with each other. There are free versions that you could set up for your students.
- Resource Library – full of great how to’s and tips & tricks
- Link to main Slack website – create a new Slack team or individual account
- Please join the 2021 Slack collaboration location to stay in touch with all of our great plans! – hacc2021.slack.com
GitHub – is a development platform to manage code development and integrity via secure cloud interactive code repositories and team member code commitment activities.
- GitHub Guides – Videos and How To articles – get started with Hello World article
- Link to main GitHub website – create an account and from there create teams and repositories
DevPost – is the primary tool used by hackathons to promote their events, track team activities and results
- DevPost Help – hackathon how to’s and tips on how to use DevPost
- Link to main DevPost website – create an individual account or hackathon event